We began as a group of concerned health care professionals providing medical supplies and treatment to African children devastated by poverty and AIDS.
In June 2006, a team of dedicated volunteers (predominantly comprising the current Board of Directors and Officers) created Aid Africa’s Children, Inc. a USA Not For Profit Corporation with 501(c)(3) status.
Aid Africa’s Children is a 100% volunteer organization, meaning no USA Board Members, Officers, Advisers or Volunteers are paid for their work, nor are any fees requested for services rendered and talents provided to those in need. Aid Africa’s Children is not affiliated with any particular religious faith, denomination or institution.
Our objective is to provide basic assistance to help sustain vulnerable children, adolescents and adults, enabling their transformation to healthy, empowered and educated Africans capable of breaking free of their cycle of disease and poverty.
In cooperation with various pharmaceutical companies and charitable organizations in the United States, volunteers have provided life-changing medical treatment, medical supplies and treatment plans for children and adults suffering from HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, dehydration, tuberculosis, hepatitis, malaria, yellow fever, typhoid, dysentery and impetigo.
Through the use of focused Teams in the US and oversees, we continue:
- Supporting and implementing:
o HIV/AIDS awareness programs.
o General health, hygiene, nutrition, and life skills enhancement programs.
- Supporting and funding orphanages, childcare centers and schools.
- Supporting small business and community economic development programs.
- Fostering youth and adult vocational and entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Enhancing primary and secondary education opportunities and improving the likelihood of advancement to post-secondary education.
In working with strategic partners in South Africa, Zambia, Tanzania and Nigeria; Aid Africa’s Children has systematically implemented personal and community development programs including:
- Drilling of water wells.
- Instituting and funding school lunch programs.
- Facilitating computer donations.
- School construction and rehabilitation projects.
- Community support groups for orphans & orphan heads-of-household.
- Community support groups for HIV positive adults.
Through the generous help of donors and volunteers, Aid Africa’s Children expects to expand our involvement in these types of partnerships and initiatives throughout Sub-Saharan Africa.
We have had support and encouragement from many government officials and local TV news personalities. In fact, President Barack Obama was our honorary benefit chairman for both our 2007 and 2008 annual benefits. We have appeared on ABC7 "Chicagoing" shows two times and on WBEZ 91.5 this past year. It is our hope that you will want to learn more about our organization and help us make a difference.