What We Are Doing to Make a Difference
Learn how we are making a difference in the lives of children & families in Africa!
- We help communities devastated by AIDS by approaching the problem from several fronts: health, education, economic, social, spiritual, psychological, and cultural.
- We teach about HIV/AIDS on every trip. We send teams to African countries every year and form partnerships with organizations in Africa with a history of integrity.
- We ARE MAKING a difference.
- We are funding the building of 2 new schools - one in Tanzania and one in Zambia.
- We have sent countless shipments of medical supplies and arranged medical outreach trips to desperate areas in need of our help.
- We provide meals to children. We supported one lunch meal per week for 900+ school children in rural Erasmus, and we support the crèche/ preschool for 86 vulnerable children/orphans in rural Lethabong.
- We dig water wells (called bore holes in Africa).
- We update medical clinics such as Ohaji Medical Center in Nigeria. Over the past three years we have refurbished the doctor's quarters and provided necessary repairs to the latrines, general painting of the medical center, roof and window repairs, ceiling and concrete floor repairs, and window nets to protect against mosquitoes.
- We have sent multiple packages of medical supplies, blankets, robes and medicines.
- We arranged for donated computers to be sent to the Tshwaraganang Primary School computer center and library.
- Our reach extends across many countries including Zambia, Nigeria, Tanzania and South Africa.
- We created the Starfish program to help children with unique medical needs - Justice Amadi is our first "Starfish" - he is a young burn victim from Nigeria receiving treatment at Shriner's Hospital in Cincinnati.